Routing vs. bridging; was Re (4): Linux hub

*	From: "Jes&#xFA;s M. Navarro" <jesus.navarro@undominio.net>
*	Date: Sun, 5 Sep 2010 23:47:48 +0200
> There's neither "carnot" nor "Allied Telesis 3612TR" in your provided diagram
> so it's a bit difficult to follow you.  It would be better if you provided a
> complete an up-to-date diagram.

It's improved now.
  http://carnot.yi.org/NetworksPage.html
Ref. Extant Network & Proposed Network.

> If all my previous assumptions are right, then you need to configure an IP
> bridge between dalton's eth0 and eth1 [eth2 in the Proposed Network].  That's all.

What are the greatest advantages in bridging eth0 and eth1 rather
than routing through Dalton to Carnot?  Bridging will need some
additional software, bridge-utils; routing should be possible
without adding software.

Thanks,           ... Peter E.

Telephone 1 360 450 2132.  bcc: peasthope at shaw.ca