Re: Download onto CD failed to burn

Dne, 13. 05. 2011 03:14:28 je Chris napisal(a):
Make sure you are burning as an iso image and not just burning the actual file to the media
Sent from my BlackBerry®

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Selinger <mikesels@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 17:29:58
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Download onto CD failed to burn

Hello,

  I'm interested in trying out Debian's OS.  I downloaded from your website, which took a half hour even with a high speed cable connection.  I then sent it on to my E-drive, to burn it onto a disc.  After 17 mins., I forced a shutdown...log message "Burn failed."  I'm at a loss.  Never had a problem burning a cd or dvd on this unit.

Any suggestions?  I would like to get away from relying on Windows, and try your
OS, as I heard it was superior.

Wellcome to the free world.

In addition to what Chris suggested, perhaps you have a corrupted download? If that is the case, try downloading a smaller version of Debian (I suggest the "netinst" CD iso), it will install just as well as the largest DVDs.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.