Re: Tracing Filesystem Accesses

Stan Hoeppner wrote:
On 5/12/2011 5:19 AM, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
Hello,

I added an SSD in my system and moved the root filesystem to the SSD (which includes now also most of /home in my system). I spin down the regular hard
disks and the system is a lot more quiet than before :-)

Sometimes though something is accessing data on the disk drives, which I do
not understand.

Did you relocate swap to the SSD?

What do you have under root vs. your hard drives. There's lots of stuff going on all the time - network activity, mail spools, cron jobs, logging.