Tracing Filesystem Accesses

Hello,

I added an SSD in my system and moved the root filesystem to the SSD (which
includes now also most of /home in my system). I spin down the regular hard
disks and the system is a lot more quiet than before :-)

Sometimes though something is accessing data on the disk drives, which I do
not understand.

Is there a way to trace all accesses to a directory tree (e.g. /mnt/disk) ?

Is there another way to find out which data are accessed and if possible by
which process?

Thanks,
Rainer

--