Re: Boot problem after crashed update

Eccles, David wrote:
From: Simon Hoerder [mailto:simon@hoerder.net]
1) This morning, I did the same (what the package manager calls a "safe"
    update, no packages where removed or installed) but in between the
   update crashed the system.
udevd[58]: error: runtime directory '/run/udev' not writable, for now falling back to '/dev/.udev'
run-init: /sbin/init: No such file or directory
[  4.515687] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

This sounds very similar to the problem I've had. Not quite sure how I should
be reporting it, but here's my attempt at a bug report:

David Eccles (gringer)

Hi David,

seems you upgraded libc to 2.13-3 as Sven just pointed out ( http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=626450). :-) At least you got the output from the update - my screensaver had turned on but couldn't be turned off anymore so I didn't see anything except the little bit I reported.

Cheers, Simon

--
/***
  * Dipl. Ing. Simon Hoerder