Re: Fwd: Re: [OT] Re: Defending yourself

In <[🔎] pan.2011.05.12.10.29.53@gmail.com>, Camaleón wrote:
>On Wed, 11 May 2011 20:11:47 -0400, PMA wrote:
>> Camaleón wrote:
>>>
>>> IMHO, that rule lacks the following preface: "Should a user states his/
>>> her desire to keep a private conversation..."
>>
>> It's hard to see a humble opinion ("IMHO") in this, flatly denying the
>> rule.
>
>Said the user that replied in a "top-posting" styled format -that I had
>to correct- while flagrantgly bypassing the last two points of the said
>rules.

While many people on the list do prefer a well-trimmed post using the
interleaved reply style, including myself, it is not part of the Code of
Conduct for the list.

There are certain advantages to the top-posting style, but I think few are
relevant for this type of mailing list.  It's almost impossible to defend a
full-quoted message on this list, since it is publicly archived.  Still,
posting style is not covered by the Code of Conduct.