Re: How to join forever an alsa device id to a particular USB port?

On 05/11/2011 08:38 AM, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
owl700@gmail.com wrote:
Hello, I bought 2 identic USB audio device that work correctly with
linux but when I restart linux or I keep the devices out and I put it
in again they take another id. I need that the id would be always the
same.

Every help will be important to me :) thanks.

If you run 'blkid' in the console as root and can get a UUID from the
device then you can add it to fstab and it will always be mounted with
the name/ID you give it. Do this with all USB device and all will have a
static name.

I'm gonna bet that audio "stuff" are char not block devices.

corrupt."