Re: So much for Skype.

On Wed, 2011-05-11 at 10:58 -0400, Curt Howland wrote:
> I expect the Linux version of Skype to be abolished in short order. Oh
> well, thus the fate of proprietary software. I'm sure St. Ignucious is
> shaking his head with the inevitability of it all.

RMS never liked Skype:

Skype is a special exception: it is worse than most nonfree software,
because using Skype to talk with someone else means that other person
must use Skype too. Even supposing my host has Skype already installed
on his computer, my using it briefly would not be harmless — it would
constitute encouraging my interlocutor to have and use Skype. My
conclusion is: never use Skype even for a moment.