Re: So much for Skype.

On 12 May 2011 06:11, Heddle Weaver <weaver2world@gmail.com> wrote:

On 12 May 2011 05:18, shawn wilson <ag4ve.us@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 10:58 AM, Curt Howland <Howland@priss.com> wrote:
> So Skype has been bought by Microsoft.
>
> I expect the Linux version of Skype to be abolished in short order. Oh
> well, thus the fate of proprietary software. I'm sure St. Ignucious is
> shaking his head with the inevitability of it all.
>
> This aught to re-ignite the effort to develop the alternatives.
>
> And if it doesn't, that will say more than any success could.

iirc, microsoft has more investment in more linux products than anyone
else. they also have (or had?) quite a large investment in apple to
stop them from going under in early 2000.

i don't know what they plan to do with skype. maybe roll it into
netmeeting (does that still exist?) or msn messenger.

Probably to be integrated into their 'Ling' function. Aiming at executive market functionality.

Sorry. That's Linc'.
 http://www.microsoft.com/communicationsserver/en/au/default.aspx
Regards,

Weaver.