Re: I am not receiving my discussion mail.

On Tue, 10 May 2011 22:25:50 +0100, Wolodja Wentland wrote:

> On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 15:43 +0000, Camaleón wrote:
>> On Tue, 10 May 2011 20:53:14 +0530, Narendra Sisodiya wrote:
>>
>> > Please reply me, let me test, whether I am getting reply of email or
>> > not..
>>
>> Are you using Gmail's smtp service?
>>
>> If yes, it's normal you don't get your own postings (this is a
>> well-known "bugture": a bug that is called a "feature" :-P)
>
> From [0]:
>
> ---
> If you are sending messages from Gmail, you can get the sent messages to
> appear in the Inbox, but not the incoming messages.  There is a
> documented and undocumented way to do it:
>
> Documented: make the mailing list a custom From address. (Unfortunately,
> the
>             confirmation message will go to the list.)
>
> Undocumented: Set up a filter for "to:mailing_list_address", and apply
> the
>               "Never send to spam" action.
> ---
>
> [0]
> http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=737a9de8dc7f8cb7

I have not tested any of those but I'm not sure those "bypasses" can work
well.

It is indeed a documented "bugture" of Gmail:

Messages sent to mailing lists don't show in my inbox
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6588

Messages with the same ID are not displayed in the inbox (sic) "to save
you time and prevent clutter". That's just crazy :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón