glibc blowfish support an PureFTPD

Hello list,

currently I'am migrating a PureFTPD ftp server installed on old SuSE to Debian Squeeze.
The passwords in the SuSE pureftpd.passwd are hashed with crypt() blowfish.

As I read ahead it seems like that Debians glibc isn't supporting blowfish via crypt(), but the source code of pureftpd uses it (blowfish tested first). I know that I could install pam_unix2.so to enable blowfish shadow passwords but that is not the target in this case.

I tried this with a short copied code hack from the net:
-----------------------
#include <crypt.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int
main (int _, char *argv[])
{
        printf ("%s\n", crypt (argv[1], argv[2]));
        return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}
----------------------

Here the outputs from the tests:
DES (OK):
./testcrypt foo 'abcdefgh'
abQ9KY.KfrYrc

MD5 (OK):
./testcrypt foo '$1$abcdefgh'
$1$abcdefgh$XxzGe9Muun7wTYbZO4sdr0

SHA256 (OK):
./testcrypt foo '$5$abcdefgh'
$5$abcdefgh$CW45LGaOXvr/s.wV2oa1hJQDggNQ2Q.kmtERKd8vfa6

SHA512 (OK):
./testcrypt foo '$6$abcdefgh'
$6$abcdefgh$j0MVxgmPHdViHdU0fAVeXckk8X1/NT/aW8qH8f/E9EOXiODjOVOMxvfuGhvV3BoHalJReG2ivQ7nqTG.TS54n.

BLOWFISH (NOT OK, seems like plain DES?):
./testcrypt foo '$2a$07$abcdefgh'
$2zJyhpjk3l9E

This doesn't work in neither salt version "$2$" "$2a$07" etc.

Here the installed version:
libc6      2.11.2-10

Any tips, hints how to migrate PureFTPD from SuSE without resetting all Passwords?
Is Debian glibc really without blowfish support - only to be sure?

Mario

--
http://www.n0r1sk.com