Re: unable to apt-get an older system

On 10/05/11 16:50, Jim Pazarena wrote:
I have a debian based appliance which is running 2.6.16.62, I am unsure
how to
determine debian version.
You may have some luck with:
cat /etc/debian_version
or
cat /etc/lsb-release

Is there a way around this? Other than a full update, which isn't possible
because the appliance runs a canned program which would likely choke on
a full upgrade.
I'm thinking the problem *might* be that you are running an old release, but have "stable" in sources.list. If you find the release you have installed, you may have more luck using http://archive.debian.org/ in your sources.list.

Tom