Re: no network after hibernate

> Brian wrote:
>
> > On Mon 09 May 2011 at 08:20:00 -0400, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi wrote:
> >
> >> $cat /etc/network/interfaces | grep -v ^# | grep -v ^$
> >> auto lo
> >> iface lo inet loopback
> >> auto wlan0
> >> iface wlan0 inet dhcp
> >> wpa-conf managed
> >> wpa-ssid <munge1>
> >> wpa-key-mgmt WPA-PSK
> >> wpa-psk <munge2>
> >
> > I think the wpasupplicant/ifupdown framework does not support the option
> > 'wpa-conf managed'.  Remove it and see how you go on.
>
> I removed the 'wpa-conf managed' line from the interfaces file. The problem
> still remains. Any other suggestions?

I remember from windows a few years back (5+) I had issues with some Compaq and HP (separate companies' logos on the box then) desktops nics waking up from sleep in Windows. Different OS obviously but, pretty much if the machine went to sleep, the onboard nic wouldn't wake up without a hard shutdown and boot.
Under linux, you've got a few more options than I had (obviously :) ) but that might be your issue. Try doing an lspci after and see if it pops up. Look at the card status under proc and see if that shows anything. Lastly, I think modprobe has an 'omg, nuts to bolts, reload this driver' option you might try.

HTH