Re: Is the Menu key used for anything in Debian?

On 05/09/2011 07:20 AM, Dotan Cohen wrote:
Windows keyboards come with a Menu key to the right of the spacebar.
Is this key used for anything in Debian? I can find no use for it
whatsoever so I am considering mapping it to something more useful.

Thanks.

Even if it was used for something, if *you* find no use for it, then it
is not used, QED.  Think about making it a compose key.  That's useful
for writing foreign words, foreign currency symbols, some mathematical
signs, a couple of common fractions--lots of good things if you write
very often.  (On my old IBM k/b, I share the right ctrl key for
compose.)  Just my 2¢--that's an example of the use of compose.

--doug

--
Blessed are the peacekeepers...for they shall be shot at from both sides. --A. M. Greeley