Re: Does "apt-get dist-upgrade" upgrade the kernel?

On Sat, 07 May 2011 17:24:33 +0100, AG wrote:

> On 07/05/11 17:18, Camaleón wrote:

>> I use to upgrade the machine with this command:
>>
>> apt-get update&&  apt-get -V dist-upgrade
>>
>> Should I have been using another one that automatically triggered the
>> new kernel? Or is that kernel needs to be manually pulled? :-?
>>

> FWIW, I only ever use either the "Update Manager" or aptitude
> safe-upgrade and it pulls in the kernel and headers as well as far as I
> can ascertain.

I get the same:

root@debian:~# aptitude safe-upgrade
No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed.
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

Nothing to do? :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón