CRITICAL: Wireless connection destroyed on some Netbooks
Could not find the package, but here goes the historial in 2 Netbooks:
- Was first noticed on Ubuntu 11.04RC after installation over previous working 10.10
- It was introduced in Ubuntu Netbook Edition 10.10 by April,28 updates.
- And confirmed to be in action in the latest Mint Debian XFCE.
- Not kernel related (previous kernels were tested, under the unknown "updated" package)
- Not a driver problem.
Though a previous initialization of the wireless board would allow
a correct connection on Linux, as long as hot reboot was made (no power-off).
- Handshake fails.
When Wicd was tried, sequence was: None, Local, None => Password failure
- There's a chance the board may be misidentified (driver is R8169) but only hanshake fails.
- Notice that if windows was called previous to linux, the handshake would go fine.
- This is affecting all ACER AspireOne Netbooks using the same wireless board.
This is all I got.
I'm available for testings if needed.
Dutra de Lacerda.