Re: Now cannot ping print server from second machine

On Sat 07 May 2011 at 12:36:07 +0100, AG wrote:

> The set up is my machine runs the CUPS print server and is directly
> connected to a USB printer.  I used to be able to print from the second
> (client?) machine, but since this issue following a problem-riddled
> reboot this is no longer possible.

CUPS has to set to accept print jobs from the LAN. But I expect you know
that.

> I have tried to ping the server machine (192.168.1.40) from the client
> machine (192.168.1.29) but cannot.  I have stopped all the firewalls
> (firestarter) on the *.*.*.40 machine and still no dice.  The machines
> are still connected via a hub and that hasn't changed since before I
> rebooted.

Firestarter configures the firewall. It is not the firewall itself so
stopping it would still leave firewall rules in place. I'm not very
familiar with iptables but

iptables -L

lists the current rules,

and