Re: Sound for Intel 82801DB-ICH4

On Wed, 4 May 2011, Rob Owens wrote:

On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 12:45:34AM +0100, Freddie wrote:
Dear Debian-user,

Please could you help me get sound working on this laptop? It's a
phillips freeline X10.

Have you made sure that the the volume is up and not muted?  Are you
sure you've plugged your speaker into the correct jack?

I've made both of those mistakes before...

As have I!

In pulseaudio both the device volume and the stream volume (of totem, for example) are up and not muted, in alsamixer "master" is unmuted and high, and I've tried unmuting and raising "master mono", to no avail.

As the speakers are built into the laptop I don't the ports are the issue - unless I need to be more careful about which device I'm using (only one in /proc/asound/cards, except the modem, but in pulseaudio there are around six different "ports" under output devices - I've tried all of them).

Thanks for the ideas.

Freddie

-Rob