Re: Remove unused language from GDM?

On Wed, 04 May 2011 16:28:15 -0400, Perry Thompson wrote:

> On 05/04/2011 02:56 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> How about your "/etc/default/locale" and "~/.dmrc" files? Also, check
>> if another user is affected by this.
>> As a last resort, you can make a full search for that locale's name
>> over all of the system files (just in case):
>> grep -H "ANSI_X3" /*
> I tried it using a different user, same result.

Then it has to be some global file/setting the one making noise.
> rypervenche@debian:~$ cat /etc/default/locale
> #  File generated by update-locale
> #LANG="en_US.UTF-8"

Is that comment (#) right? Mine is not :-?

sm01@stt008:~$ cat /etc/default/locale

> rypervenche@debian:~$ cat .dmrc
> [Desktop]
> Language=en_US.utf8
> Layout=us
> Session=default

Here's mine:

sm01@stt008:~$ cat .dmrc

(I only have one locale configured, though, "es_ES.UTF-8")

> I have searched for the ANSI name in /etc and a few other folders, such
> as /var and /usr, but doing the entire system was taking too long and I
> was unable to do a complete search. I will try it again when I have a
> large amount of time that I can set to the task.
> Any other ideas?

Not really :-(

Maybe you can try to re-run "dpkg-reconfigure locales" and see how that
goes. Also, when you have the time, search for the "offending" locale
string in the whole system. If it's displayed under the GDM 3 greeter it
has to be set somewhere...