Re: KDE does not start any more

Though you did not state which release, it appears to be something similar to my problems on my sid laptop. Please see the thread at http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user.kde/25539.

In my testing, I figure it is either KDE, QT, the kernel, or the nvidia driver. I do not think it is KDE, since I originally upgraded to 4.6.2, but had the same issue in 4.4.5 after rebuilding and upgrading to sid. I am leaning toward the new nvidia drivers (260.19.44). Have a look at the thread above and see if it looks like your situation.

--b