Re: Knoppix and debian

> Knoppix can be installed to a hard drive, but that is not recommended,

> and I can confirm it is unmaintainable. You throw it away and install

> the next version. Some people claim this is also necessary with Ubuntu.

I started with Knoppix, liked it, did the HD install. Was just fine.

Until I "discovered" upgrading and apt. While I still have a few Knopper-isms around, I can say I am running Sid. I would get rid of those few as they are no longer needed or functioning if I new how (dependency problems with Sid packages!).