Re: multiboot grub2

On 3 May 2011 15:19, consul tores <consultores1@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> i have a Laptop with Squeeze, OpenBSD-amd64-4.9, and
> Slackware64-13.37: and it is using grub2 as bootloader, (if i use
> lilo, it works correctly, but i want to evade bios check) grub2 can
> not recognize OpenBSD (what is not a problem), and it recognize
> Slackware, but can not start it. it only gets a simple panic. i have
> tested the Slackware installer dvd (kernel), successfully.
> Looking/playing inside /etc/grub.d, do not do any change! Slackware
> lilo is installed at sector 0 of Slackware partition.

Er , as far as my know , we usually chainload the BSD Unix . I'm using
FreeBSD 8.2 amd64 in
my desktop and Squeeze , Mandriva 2010.2 ,  and the bootloader is
grub2 shipped with  Squeeze.
the problems are:
1) os-probe cannot probe Mandriva **corrently **, which means it does
probe Mandriva (kernel panic),but not correctly .
 (here there is bug report and the patch
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=566102).
Maybe it applys to Slackware?
2) I use chainload to boot the FreeBSD , and os-probe cannot probe
FreeBSD ,either.