Re: Dovecot Problems on Sid

On Saturday 26 Nisan 5771 22:59:04 David Baron wrote:

> On Friday 25 Nisan 5771 16:39:11

> debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org

> wrote:

> > > Updating to the Sid version was a catastrophe--flagged all kinds of

> > > superseded syntax warning which were flagged as errors when I tried to

> > > edit them into the conf file. Commented out, got listening errors for

> > > various 9## ports.

> > > So I downgraded to the testing version and used a backed up conf file.

> > > No startup errors, dmesg, nothing, but "localhost refuses connection"

> > > when trying to access imap on the system. From outside, "server not

> > > found."

> > > Nothing like this is listed in the bugs. Has anyone encountered such

> > > problems, fix them?

> > I would start with the usual tests:

> > http://wiki.dovecot.org/TestInstallation

> Process is not running. There is no log entry after those listener errors

> (995 and 993) for the unstable install. The downgraded testing install has

> no entries at all.

Problem is in all that inetd testing loop. Bypassing that, I actually get to the do_start. Listening to [::], I can start the daemon but cannot USE IT. Connection still refused. Listening to * (normal ivp4), I that "new" failure to listen to 993. Something else is already using it (995 would be the pop3 server).

Since I never had these problem before, what is going on now?