Re: fullscreen video with mencoder

On 04/30/2011 02:04 PM, Rob Owens wrote:
On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 01:12:36PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On 04/30/2011 11:07 AM, Jeffrin Jose wrote:
Hello Everybody,

Is there any method to encode DVD to a fullscreen
video without getting stretched,using mencoder ?

I don't think that mencoder is the right tool for that task.  "Let
the player handle full screen" is what I say.

Anyway, 16:9 video will never "neatly" fill a 4:3 monitor (and same
for 4:3 video w/ a 16:9 monitor.  You must live with the black bars.

I think he wants the black bars.  What he doesn't want is for the video
to get stretched to fill the screen, wrecking the aspect ratio in the
process.

Neither mplayer nor vlc distort the AR when running in full screen mode. Any player that does distort the AR is worthless.

corrupt."