Re: nVidia with Optimus

On Sat, 30 Apr 2011 14:50:52 +0530, Vivek Periaraj wrote:

> I just bought a dell vostro 3750 and it has intel graphics and nVidia
> 525M. I am afraid it uses Optimus technology to switch between the two
> of them. I looked around and found that there is no support for Optimus
> in linux yet. And no promises of support in the future either.

(...)

Ugh... it does not look very promising:

Will NVIDIA Optimus Inevitably Come To Linux?
http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OTM3NA

You may also find useful this blog which seems to be updated with the
latest news on the matter:

http://linux-hybrid-graphics.blogspot.com/

Greetings,

--