Re: Wireless via dhcp needs repeated ifdown/ifup

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 16:11:40 +0100, Anthony Campbell wrote:

(...)

> In summary, I can get wirelss to work in this rather clunky way but I
> think there should be a better solution. I googled a suggestion to turn
> off wpasupplicant, but that doesn't help. Any ideas?

Are you using NetworkManager?

If yes, I would try to disable it and go with the old "ifup" method for
managing the network -in conjunction with "isc-dhcp-client"- which (I
dunno why) but the latter  seems to play better with ifup than with NM.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón