Re: Hard lock ups............

On Tue, 26 Apr 2011 04:38:10 +0000, shawn wilson wrote:
On Apr 26, 2011 12:25 AM,  wrote:

> With the linux-image-2.6.38-2-686 kernel I get hard lockups without
any obvious reason and working with different programs on my Acer
Aspire 3614WLCi laptop.

 > Not a real worry as I have kept the: linux-image-2.6.32-5-686
kernel and boot into that.

 > However, I was wondering what files I might check that could give
me a clue to why this lappy behaves like this with that particular
kernel in Squeeze fully

Look and see if you have any core dump files. Debugging that is past
what I can give advise offhand on but that's where I'd start.

Links:
------
[1] mailto:ariestao@skymesh.com.au

Thanks Shawn,

I did: # find / -name "core*" | less

But there are so many.

I have no idea what caused the hard lock up. Because I had to pull the power and remove the battery and reboot, so I really have no idea what process went belly up.

Never mind, I assume on a kernel upgrade of the future it will be rectified anyway.

But thanks again,
Charlie