Re: Tripwire can't send report by email‏

On 04/23/2011 03:18 PM, Cedric DC wrote:
[snip]

If I try to launch this in command line I have this message :
root@proxytest:/etc/cron.daily# /usr/sbin/tripwire --test --email toto@mydomain.com
Sending a test message to: toto@mydomain.com
### Error: The SMTP server returned an error.
### Error Number:504 5.5.2<tripwire@proxytest>: Sender address rejected: need
### fully-qualified address
### Exiting...
Email test failed.

proxytest is the hostname of my server

Do you have an idea to solve this issue ?

Possibly, since I had a similar problem, but with a different app.

Add the machine's domain to the end of tripwire@proxytest. That will give it a fully-qualified address just like the error message says.

corrupt."