Re: Ubuntu Crossgrade

On 23/04/11 05:24, teddieeb@tmo.blackberry.net wrote:
George Standish said:

Ubuntu regularly has issues upgrading from one version to another, now
you expect it to "upgrade" to a new distro...  This idea doesn't seem
like a good idea to me.

-----

I agree with this assessment though any ubuntu head will challenge any statement like this with such religious fervor...

I'm certainly no ubuntu-head; in fact whilst I run ubuntu on my laptop, I'm very much wedded to Debian stable on my desktop.

When I got this laptop a couple of years ago, I tried Lenny, I think, but had problems, and Ubuntu just worked. I've stuck with it through several dist-upgrades, and have never encountered a problem.

Similarly, I've gone from etch via Lenny to Squeeze without problem.

They're both pretty good; but from what I hear, ubuntu might be going the wrong way...

--
Tony van der Hoff  | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Ariège, France     |