network-manager and resolv.conf

Hi.
Using deb6-amd64 and I've searched for an acceptable solution but I find
none that I like.

The problem is that I would like to have this 'option single-request' lline in
/etc/resolv.conf but network-manager continuously removes the line (and
anything else it doesn't care for). There must be a way to identify this line
as a permanent line or add it to the network manager config somewhere
so it is always added back in when resolv.conf is changed.

Question is:  Where is that setting located?

thanks
tony