Re: file systems

On Apr 21, 2011 7:47 AM, "Miles Fidelman" <mfidelman@meetinghouse.net> wrote:

> Seems like most people have recommended ext4, and a few XFS.
>
> What about ReiserFS?

He's in jail for killing his wife. :)
So, they did have a dod contract for putting some strong encryption into raiser4 and they were going to do some other cool stuff with it. But then...

So, it was the coolest thing around (xfs's equal with different pros and cons) for a while. I assume its still maintained since sles still uses it (AFAIK) but I don't know how far it will go in the future.

Disclaimer: I haven't looked at their web page or read up on them in a few years.