Isapnp.conf

Isapnp startup script no longer works. The READPORT fails to read the isapnp port number due to "resource conflict."

(READPORT 0x0213)

Only a limited range can be entered here and the one I placed was shown on the /proc/ioports file. There are two, the one labeled as "write" is outside the allowed range.

~$ cat /proc/ioports | grep -i pnp

0213-0213 : ISAPnP

0400-04bf : pnp 00:08

04d0-04d1 : pnp 00:01

0800-087f : pnp 00:01

0880-088f : pnp 00:01

0a79-0a79 : isapnp write

The card in question may or may not be defective at this point but the only initialization being done is by BIOS. (Further?) initialization used to be done by isapnp.

Any fix here? Is this all not needed or deprecated?

(The card in question is an older ISA analog telephone modem. So far, no PCI modem, at least the older ones I have around, is recognized by the system. I am running Sid on a P4 on one of the few remaining MBs that has ISA.)