Re: Please recommend an external HDD enclosure

Hi,

I've been using this one with Debian Lenny for a while.  Have a 250 GB IDE hdd in it currently.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182154&cm_re=hdd_enclosure-_-17-182-154-_-Product

HTH.
Mark

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:12 PM, Panayiotis Karabassis <panayk@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I made the mistake of purchasing an external HDD enclosure without
researching first. The enclosure wouldn't be recognized in Debian
Squeeze or Wheezy with errors that are not relevant since I've returned
it to the shop.

The drive I want to ...enclose is a 3.5 inch PATA HDD. Acceptable
interfaces are USB (any version) and it seems my motherboard also has an
eSata input.

I've spent quite some time googling but couldn't reach any solid
conclusions.

So please recommend an enclosure that is known to work in Debian,
preferably a popular brand, so that it stands a chance of being
available in my country.

--
Regards
   Panayiotis Karabassis