Re: Flash performance suffers when using 3D style desktop

> I just wanted to see if its my imagination, or whether other people have
> noticed it, but ...
>

> When I run KDE 4.6 or Compiz Fusion desktops, attempts to play browser
> videos seems to give a very jerky response. (I assume these are using
> flash).
>
> When I switch back to a simple GNOME desktop, it seems to be alright.
>
> I have an Intel i965 onboard graphics chip, I am running Debian Unstable
> in 64 bit mode.
>
> Is there something I can do with my Xorg.conf to prevent this slowup (I
> currrently don't have an Xorg.conf file - so everything is default).
>
> --
> Alan Chandler
> http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk

Alan,

I have experienced a similar problem before. In my case, I was able to
"fix" it by disabling hardware acceleration in Flash itself. I did this by
right-clicking flash content, selecting 'Settings,' and then un-checking
the "Hardware Acceleration" radiobox. This may or may not work for you,
but its worth a shot.

Good luck!