Re: New user questions

on 10:22 Wed 13 Apr, Freeman (hewho7@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 03:45:10PM -0700, Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:
> > on 13:03 Tue 12 Apr, Freeman (hewho7@gmail.com) wrote:

> > > No need for it if you have this:
> > >
> > > http://en.tiraecol.net/modules/comic/comic.php?content_id=88

> > > As advanced as this list may seem, the only other good source of consistent,
> > > live info that I know of is http://forums.debian.net.
> >
> > IRC:
> >
> >     irc.debian.net/#debian
> >     irc.freenode.net/#debian
> >

> Never irc'd. I have heard a number of reports that they can be quite
> scalding.  However, if they don't mug the newbies & non-geek users, I guess
> that's fine.

The scars have healed nicely, thanks.

Much less frightening than you'd think.  Read the /topic, don't ask to
ask, ask smart questions, and use pastebins if you need to post more
than a line of output.

--
Dr. Ed Morbius, Chief Scientist /            |
  Robot Wrangler / Staff Psychologist        | When you seek unlimited power