Re: New user questions

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 01:38:47PM -0700, Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:
> on 10:15 Mon 11 Apr, Michael (mmorse757@gmail.com) wrote:
> > I used Debian about four years ago and enjoyed it.  The computer I
> > had it on died and my wife wouldn't let me put it on our shared
> > computer.  Well, I have another hand-me-down (laptop) that I've put
> > Debian on but am having some issues.
>
> aptitude upgrade wife is slated for the 10.0 release.

No need for it if you have this:

http://en.tiraecol.net/modules/comic/comic.php?content_id=88

> > First, is this the correct newsgroup for such "newbies"?

As advanced as this list may seem, the only other good source of consistent,
live info that I know of is http://forums.debian.net.

--
Regards,
Freeman

"Microsoft is not the answer. Microsoft is the question. NO (or Linux) is the
answer." --Somebody