Re: mua and mail service provider statistics

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 21:05:43 +0800
Chen Wei <weichen302@aol.com> wrote:

> hi list,
>
> as a first time debian-user subscriber, I feel been buried alive by
> incoming emails, though I heard there are some monster maillists,
> linux kernel maillist for example, are carrying even heavier traffic.
> Wondering how to manage so many emails, out of curiosity, I did a
> statistics on choice of mail client and email service, based on 1494
> messages received since subscribed to this list. Here is what I found.

I simply mark threads ignored and I don't seen anymore mails regarding
that topic. I currently use claws-mail, and I see you're using mutt.
If I remember correctly you should easily be able to mark a thread as
ignored. That will greatly reduce the number of mails, you'll only see
new threads.