Re: New to Linux

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:
> On 04/12/2011 07:17 PM, Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:
>>
>> on 17:11 Tue 12 Apr, rishabh animesh (rishabh.animesh@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> [snip]
>>
>>> I have experiences with the Search Technology. I have also created a
>>> forum
>>> to promote programming among my peers where we organize monthly contests
>>> on
>>> this portal. www.code.vrglinug.org
>>
>> Um.  So, are you asking a question or spamming your website?
>>

> Nah, he's just an over-enthusiastic geek.  None of us were ever like that...
> :)

i seriously hope he tries to actually learn this stuff. i really do
hate dealing with cs people who get out of college, know theory and
think they can run.... anything. i truly don't know what college
teaches people, but it doesn't seem to be how to run a network or
write good code or any other life skill.

ok, i really shouldn't be so down on cs majors - i don't have to deal
with them as much as some friends of mine who manage university
networks or hire these folks fresh out of college. they've got more
room to bitch than i.

this said, there is something to be said for theory - i recently
learned about mvc programming and can't recite the upper 4 osi layers
off hand and didn't know about event handling (programming again)
until recently. this is mainly theory that should be taught in school.