Re: New user questions

On 04/11/2011 03:38 PM, Dr. Ed Morbius wrote:
on 10:15 Mon 11 Apr, Michael (mmorse757@gmail.com) wrote:
I used Debian about four years ago and enjoyed it.  The computer I
had it on died and my wife wouldn't let me put it on our shared
computer.  Well, I have another hand-me-down (laptop) that I've put
Debian on but am having some issues.

aptitude upgrade wife is slated for the 10.0 release.

Essentially I just "defaulted" my wife/kids to use Linux by not buying Windows at the time I bought her new computer (kit from NewEgg).

Not much griping b/c years earlier I installed Tbird, FF & OOo on their dual-boot Windows PC on which I later added Ubuntu. "Try it. It'll be a tad different, but will mostly work the same w/ the same apps you're used to. And no worries over viruses, malware, etc." (The kids were easier, since they were/are young enough to just *tell* them what to do.)

corrupt."