Re: tomboy, and mono dependencies in gnome?

Heh.

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 11:57 PM, Slicky Johnson
<slickyjohnson@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 19 Mar 2011 22:35:15 +0900
> Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Why is tomboy in the default basic desktop when installed from the
>> netinstall CD?
>>
>> And, more to the point, when I run synaptic and check on uninstalling
>> libmono-cor or whatever, it threatens to uninstall gnome. (Not really
>> a big deal, I'm comfortable using XFCE.)
>>

> Let it do it's thing and reinstall gnome-session and go from there.
> gnome-desktop-environment is a metapackage which has a lot of
> dependencies including tomboy etc. gnome-session, while also a
> metapackage, it has less dependencies giving you a very basic
> gnome desktop to get started with.

I was thinking, what are you talking about?

But I installed XFCE and LXDE and purged tomboy and, lo and behold,
gnome is still there and still working.

And I like LXD.

(I just posted my conclusions on the political issues, so I won't post
that again here.)