Re: Printer in Gnome loathes being enabled

On Fri, 08 Apr 2011 01:11:37 +0200, Klistvud wrote:

>  From time to time, out of nowhere, my printer refuses to print. When I
> check it via 'System/Administration/Printing/right-click menu on printer
> icon', I see that the menu item 'Enabled' is not ticked. I tick it, I
> get assed for the root password, and then it starts to print. Some
> hours, even days, pass peacefully ... and then it refuses to print
> again.

(...)

In the line of Tixy's answer, CUPS printers can be configured to perform
an action on events using "Rules" which means that you can define a
policy when the printer encounters any kind of error. Default action is
"stop-printer" but there are also "abort-job" and "retry-job" actions.

Greetings,

--
Camaleón