Re: debian testing: upgrade latest few days => nautilus freezes entire desktop when changing directories for a few seconds

On 04/08/2011 06:16 AM, Bjorn Wesen wrote:

After yesterdays restart of Xorg, the file-manager in gnome (nautilus)
completely freezes the desktop for a few seconds every time I click to
change a directory. Clicking on files to open them works fine.

When the desktop freezes the output of all other windows freeze as
well as the mouse-cursor. A "top" running in one terminal shows (after
its display comes back) a 100% Xorg CPU usage or something similar.

Nothing in any logs and everything else works fine (including
file-requesters from other programs). This is what is most strange!

In conjunction with the Xorg-restart I had updated the binary nvidia
drivers from 260.19.21 to 260.19.44, but I downgraded this again and
that didn't help.

This won't be directly helpful to you, but I thought I'd comment just in the hope of providing a little context.

I run testing on several machines with Nvidia video cards and have not seen this issue on any of them. However, I'm using the nouveau driver, and my DE is Xfce 4.6.2, two points of departure from your system.

Regards,
Gilbert