Re: Printer in Gnome loathes being enabled

On Fri, 2011-04-08 at 01:11 +0200, Klistvud wrote:
> From time to time, out of nowhere, my printer refuses to print. When I
> check it via 'System/Administration/Printing/right-click menu on
> printer icon', I see that the menu item 'Enabled' is not ticked.
[...]

I had a problem like this when queueing a print job before turning on
the printer. I believe it gets put into the disabled state if there is
any sort of error. I fixed this by adding "beh:/0/0/2/" before the
Device URI in Printer Properties. See
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/openprinting/database/backenderrorhandler

--
Tixy               ()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign (www.asciiribbon.org)
                   /\  Against HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments