Re: Asus A8N-E - debian-amd64 hangs during installation

On 04/06/2011 03:10 AM, Kamil Jońca wrote:
Thierry Chatelet<tchatelet@free.fr>  writes:

On Tuesday 05 April 2011 20:45:58 Kamil Jońca wrote:
[...]

Try to increase the voltage on memories first (if I recall right what did), or
on cpu. You should find a post from me around the time you give.
Thierry
Thanks.

I made some changes in BIOS (DDR voltage&  CPU voltage IIRC) but only
success is that oops is thrown during "install base system" and not
during partitioning.

http://strony.aster.pl/kjonca/instalka.2.log

Does this mean memory/motherboard problems?

It could be the mobo, it could be the CPU or it could be RAM. (But usually it's RAM.)

Reset the BIOS to factory defaults and then run memtest86+ from the Live CD.

corrupt."