Re: OpenOffice.org - how to install additional languages?

On 2011-04-01, Lisi <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday 01 April 2011 23:23:33 Liam O'Toole wrote:
>> In the case of OOo, install the myspell-en-gb package. (It goes by
>> country code, not region). I don't know what spell checker kmail uses.
>
> Thanks, Liam.  I have tried frequently over the past few years and never
> succeeded in getting en-gb.  So I was trying to follow Camaleón's advice to
> use extensions.  That list was the list of extensions.
>
> Now that I have the myspell-en-gb package, how do I persuade OOo to use it?

Go to Tools -> Options, expand the Language Settings node and click on
Languages. There you can set the default language for documents. A tick
mark next to the language name indicates that a spell checker is
available for that language. You can also set the language on the fly
while writing a document. In that case go to Tools -> Language and
choose the appropriate sub-menu.

--
Liam O'Toole
Cork, Ireland