Re: OpenOffice.org - how to install additional languages?

Dne, 01. 04. 2011 15:30:37 je Camaleón napisal(a):
On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 11:24:00 +0200, Klistvud wrote:

> I'm running stock Gnome/Squeeze and would like to have spell-checkers
> and thesauri enabled in my OpenOffice for a couple other languages
> besides English and Slovenian (my native language). I've installed all
> the language-related and OpenOffice.org-related and italian-related
> packages I could think of, but still no go. What do I have to do to have > multilanguage (specifically, Italian language) support in OpenOffice? > Does Debian provide for that, or do I have to download stuff manually
> from the openoffice.org website?

Hum... Does italian appears under Tools/Language/* (any of the submenus
here)? :-?

Yes it does. If I activate the spell-checker (F7) in Writer, it just says "Spell Checking done", without actually doing any spell checking. In the dialog window, the "Language" drop down menu is empty as if the language wasn't installed. I've discovered now that it is the same with my native language, Slovenian. If I change the document language to US English, otoh, everything works as expected: misspelled words get underlined in red, and pressing F7 does a thorough spell-check. So, the languages seem to be set up correctly, but their spell checkers seem to be missing. US English must be the only spell-checker that's installed. Installing openoffice.org-l10n-sl and openoffice.org-l10n-it achieved nothing.

--
Cheerio,

Klistvud http://bufferoverflow.tiddlyspot.com Certifiable Loonix User #481801 Please reply to the list, not to me.