Re: Debian was hacked: The Canterbury Distribution

green wrote:
Aaron Toponce wrote at 2011-04-01 08:11 -0500:
For international mailing lists, if you stick with ISO 8601, there should
be no ambiguity in the date:

     2011-04-01 or 20110401 is defined as April 1, 2011, or truncated as
     11-04-01 or 110401.

Standards. Who would have thought?
Precisely.  I'm in the US, but I always write dates like that.

"The nice thing about standards is that you have so many to choose from. " (attributed to Andy Tanenbaum)

Who would have thought that there was only one in common use for date and time (even IETF bases date/time on an ISO8601 profile).