Re: Another mouse issue+Xorg after upgrade

>01/04/2011 03:52, ZephyrQ wrote:
>> On 03/31/2011 01:45 AM, Andrei Popescu wrote:
>>> On Mi, 30 mar 11, 22:09:15, ZephyrQ wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it that the boot-up is not reading it?
>>
>> Please boot, count to ten, replug your mouse and then post the full
>> output of 'dmesg'.
>>
>> Did you already replug the mouse? Because I see this:
>>
>>> (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech Trackball
>>> (/dev/input/event5)
>>> (**) Logitech Trackball: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
>>> (**) Logitech Trackball: always reports core events
>>> (**) Logitech Trackball: Device: "/dev/input/event5"
>>> (II) Logitech Trackball: Found 3 mouse buttons
>>> (II) Logitech Trackball: Found scroll wheel(s)
>>> (II) Logitech Trackball: Found relative axes
>>> (II) Logitech Trackball: Found x and y relative axes
>>> (II) Logitech Trackball: Configuring as mouse
>>> (**) Logitech Trackball: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
>>> (**) Logitech Trackball: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10,
>>> EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
>>> (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Logitech Trackball" (type: MOUSE)
>>> (II) Logitech Trackball: initialized for relative axes.
>>
>> Is your "mouse" a Trackball? Later:
>
> Yes, it is.  The same I've used through 3 stable releases. (not the same
> physical trackball, but I've used the same brand/type for years...)
>
>>> (II) config/udev: Adding input device Logitech Trackball (/dev/input/mouse0)
>>> (II) No input driver/identifier specified (ignoring)
>>
>> which might be related to your problem. Please attach the full xorg.conf
>> used.
>
> Xorg.conf first, then after full output of dmesg:
>
> # nvidia-xconfig: X configuration file generated by nvidia-xconfig
> # nvidia-xconfig:  version 1.0  (pbuilder@windlord)  Sun Jun 13 06:03:17
> UTC 2010
>
> Section "ServerLayout"
>     Identifier     "Layout0"
>     Screen      0  "Screen0"
>     InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
>     InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
> EndSection
>
> Section "Files"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>     # generated from default
>     Identifier     "Mouse0"
>     Driver         "mouse"
>     Option         "Protocol" "auto"
>     Option         "Device" "/dev/psaux"
>     Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
>     Option         "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
> EndSection

[snip]

Hi, I also use a logitech trackball (the cordless one with a blue ball
currently) and this is what I use on Squeeze and Wheezy (mind the line
wrapping) :

Section "InputDevice"
  Identifier     "Mouse0"
  Driver         "evdev"
  Option "Device" "/dev/input/by-id/usb-Logitech_Trackball-event-mouse"
EndSection

"man evdev" will give you a list of valid options you may need.

Without this in my xorg.conf I have the same problem you are facing, the
device initialisation is unreliable.

Hope it helps.