Re: I've got a problem with tcpdump, HELP

On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 00:31:20 +0800, Benimaur Gao wrote:

(please, avoid using html messages, they're very hard to read)

> On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:54 PM, Camaleón wrote:

>> Indeed, the latter output seems to be broken as if had been
>> unexpectedly interrupted. How did you manage to stop the capture in
>> both cases? Ctrl +C? :-?

> Yes, I stop the capture by Ctrl C, but actually, there is no more
> output..
>
>>........;Ts..p......J.....
>>j.B$A...GET /misc/ccs/deleteClubThread
>    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> With this request packet, It's also supposed to have more info, such as
> Content-Type, Date, Set-Cookie, etc. just as the first case. Why were
> they discarded here?

Sure... I also noted the URI was recorded differently.

First one is:

GET /misc/ccs/deleteClubThread.html?id=20162669&type=MAINTYPE&operator=H&md5Code=072fa43b87b31865e60aa6f1111ceb24

And the second one has been shorted somehow:

GET /misc/ccs/deleteClubThread

Maybe a different client request or you visited the same page? :-?

> I suspect that it is caused by different version of tcpdump? The dilemma
> is I've
> no permission to upgrade the software :(

I also think so... but even if different releases produce different
output (it could be "understandable"), the date format coming from the
older one looks to be really broken, date is completely cutted and so
useless :-/

Greetings,

--
Camaleón