Re: SIGTERM received when installing Nvidia driver

On Mi, 30 mar 11, 22:08:40, Wolodja Wentland wrote:

> 1. Add non-free sources in /etc/apt/sources.list
>
>    You should have a line like:
>
>     deb http://ftp.XX.debian.org/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free
>
>   Where XX has to be replaced with your country code. The important part is
>   the "non-free" in the end. You don't necessarily need contrib, but if you
>   have non-free it makes sense to include it as well.

nvidia-settings is in contrib ;)

> 4. Install the nvidia dkms drivers
>
>    # aptitude install nvidia-kernel-dkms

Interesting, I would have suggested installing nvidia-glx, which will
pull in nvidia-kernel-dkms if needed (on a stable install the dependency
is satisfied by the pre-built module package, which means the headers
and compiling stuff is not needed).

Regards,
Andrei